Publications, Presentations & Listings
As a published Oklahoma attorney, Bob Wyatt has had the privilege of being a guest lecturer or invited speaker on criminal law and forensics topics at continuing education seminars for lawyers, in law schools, and in colleges and high schools in Oklahoma.
Your future is our business.
Published Oklahoma Attorney
The following is a list of published opinions where members of the Wyatt Law Office, or its predecessors, submitted the briefs or argued the issues in federal and state trial and appellate courts.
- United States v. DeLia, 906 F.3d 1212 (10th Cir. 2018)
- United States v. Hunt, 456 F.3d 1255 (10th Cir. 2006)
- Welch v. Sirmons, 451 F.3d 675 (10th Cir. 2006)
- United States v. Williams, 403 F.3d 1203 (10th Cir. 2005)
- United States v. Dazey, et al, 403 F.3d 1147, 66 Fed. R. Evid. Serv. 1194 (10th Cir. 2005)
- Fisher v. Senate of Oklahoma, 2004 OK 76, 107 P.3d 556 (Impeachment Proceedings)
- United States v. McVeigh, 955 F. Supp. 1278 (D. Colo. 1997)
- United States v. McVeigh, 954 F. Supp. 1441 (D. Colo. 1997)
- United States v. McVeigh, 940 F. Supp. 1571 (D. Colo. 1996)
- United States v. McVeigh, 918 F. Supp. 1467 (W.D. Okla. 1996)
- United States v. Avery, 34 F.3d 1517 (10th Cir. 1994)
- Good v. Majors, 832 P.2d 420 (Okla. 1992)
- United States v. Madia, 95 F.2d 538 (8th Cir. 1992)
- United States v. Custodian of Records, Southwestern Fertility Center, 743 F.Supp. 783 (W.D. Okla. 1990)
- Creason v. Hon. Richard Perry, 801 P.2d 715 (Okla. 1990)
- State ex rel Dept. of Public Safety v. 1988 Chevrolet Pickup, 852 P.2d 786 (Okla. 1993) (appeal filed by Craig Dodd, but Bob Wyatt was the trial lawyer who won the case initially).
- The National Law Journal interviewed Mr. Wyatt for his expertise in the area of sex crimes and cybercrimes in February 18, 2008.
- Vernon’s Forms Oklahoma Criminal LawWest, 1999 (Chapters 7 & 30).
Books Mentioning Wyatt’s Cases
- United States v. Migliaccio, U.S. ATTORNEY’S MANUAL, § 912
- Katherine A. Lauer, Falsity, DEFENDING GOVERNMENT PHARMACEUTICAL FRAUD INVESTIGATIONS: ASSESSING STRATEGIC OPTIONS, ABA Litigation Section
- S. Jones, VERNON’S OKLAHOMA FORMS, 2d: Criminal Law Practice & Procedure, (West 1999)
- S. Jones & P. Israel, OTHERS UNKOWN: The Oklahoma City Bombing and Conspiracy, 1998
- J.F. Kelly & P. Wearne, TAINTING EVIDENCE, Inside the Scandals at the FBI Crime Lab, 1998
- H. Silverglate, THREE FELONIES A DAY, How the Feds Target the Innocent (New York, Encounter Books, 2009)
Presentations & Lectures
- 2018 Oklahoma Bar Association – Law Day – Expungement Lawyer Segment (Clint James)
- 2013 Phi Alpha Delta – Law School and the New Lawyer Experience (Clint James)
- 2014 Expungement Hodgepodge, presented continuing education course at the Tulsa County Bar Association’s Hodgepodge of Criminal Law.
- 2012 Tulsa County Judge’s Conference – Social Media and Juror Misconduct (Clint James)
- 2012 Expungements Unabridged, presented this continuing education course at the OCDLA’s Patrick Williams Criminal Defense Institute (Tulsa). Wyatt presented a 60 page paper on expungements in Oklahoma.
- 2008 Special Guest Lecturer at the Advance Criminal Law class at the University of Oklahoma, College of Law
- 2008 Special Guest Lecturer for the Ethics class at the University of Oklahoma, College of Law as a published Oklahoma attorney.
- 2007 Cyber Crimes in State and Federal Courts & Technology and Security in the Modern Law Office (Luther Bohanan American Inn of Courts)
- 2007 Applications of Forensic Psychology: MPD Redux (OCU Forensic Psychology Course)
- 2006 Oklahoma White Collar Crime, Oklahoma’s Multi-County Grand Jury: Its Operation in White Collar Cases (OBA Continuing Legal Education)
- 2004 Practical Application of the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines (OBA Continuing Legal Education)
- 2003 Criminal Defense 101 (OBA Continuing Legal Education)
- 2003 Applications of Forensic Psychology: A Lawyer’s Perspective in Child Abuse (OCU Forensic Psychology Course)
- 2002 Electronic Discovery (Luther Bohanan American Inn of Courts)
- 2002 Applications of Forensic Psychology: A Lawyer’s Perspective on Multiple Personality Disorder (OCU Forensic Psychology Course)
Written materials from our published Oklahoma attorney may be available from the Oklahoma Bar Association or other sponsoring provider for the seminars.
Our managing partner, Bob Wyatt, has the distinction of being named the 2015 and 2013 LAWYER OF THE YEAR by Best Lawyers in America for Criminal Defense Non-White Collar Lawyers in the Oklahoma City area, and in 2014 as LAWYER OF THE YEAR for Criminal Defense White Collar.
U.S. News ® “Best Law Firms”
Best Lawyers® paired with U.S. News & World Report to create the U.S. News ® “Best Law Firms” to help evaluate firms instead of just sole lawyers. The methodology, however, is similar and includes everything from client and lawyer evaluations to peer reviews. Clients evaluate a firm based on expertise, responsiveness, civility and more; lawyers judge the firm on expertise, integrity and whether they would refer a case to them. The scores were then combined and firms judged on a tier system. In the end, more than 11,000 firms were eligible to be submitted to the ranking process, but only 6,000 received first tier rankings. The Wyatt Law Office is listed in two criminal categories: Non-White Collar Crime and White Collar Litigation.
Super Lawyers® Magazine reviews lawyers in more than 70 different practice areas – looking for those who have both exceptional professional achievement, as well as an outstanding level of peer recognition. The selection process starts by creating a candidate pool through peer nominations, identification by an independent research team and more. This pool is then evaluated on 12 separate factors – ranging from experience to honors & awards, as well as verdicts & settlements. From there, they are evaluated by their peers and moved into final selection. In the end, no more than 5 percent of all attorneys are selected for inclusion. At our firm, we are honored that Bob Wyatt has been selected for Criminal Law every year since Super Lawyers started evaluating Oklahoma lawyers.
AV® Peer Review Rated
Of all of the different awards, one of the ones we are most proud of is our AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® Law Directory. These Peer Review Ratings™ are an objective indicator referring to a firm’s ethical standards, as well as professional ability, and are considered an industry-wide standard of excellence. These are generated from scores on legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability and legal experience. In the end, a lawyer is scored from 1.0 to 5.0, with the highest rating of Preeminent® going to those with a score between 4.5 and 5.0. This is considered a testament to a lawyer’s ability. We are proud that published Oklahoma attorney Bob Wyatt achieved this mark in 1999 and has retained it every year.
Oklahoma’s Top-Rated Criminal Lawyers
Call the Wyatt Law Office at 405.234.5500 for your Top-Rated Oklahoma Criminal Lawyers and Attorneys. We offer some of Oklahoma’s Best Criminal Lawyers and Attorneys.